Following are the flaws that have plagued the system
- Industry is a Stranger: Graduates are largely unaware of the industry dynamics and expectations. The job that awaits them is a complete stranger and when they join a company the process of training starts from scratch, all over again.
- Minimal Market Interaction: Inadequate amount of interaction or communication happens between college and industry representatives. Guest lecture, workshops or seminars etc. are limited only to a select few colleges.
- Indian Employability Predicament: By 2020, India needs 500 million strong skilled workforces for various increasingly competitive industries. The present education system is ill-equipped and not capable of producing the kind of quality human resource that a company needs.
- Mentoring: Mentoring is invisible and insignificant in Indian Education scenario. An organized system for mentoring needs to be introduced and incorporated immediately in colleges and involve a number of professionals
- Underutilization of HR Assets: Knowledge drain is a critical issue. The tacit knowledge gained by the senior professionals over the years is not shared with the younger, prospective employees resulting in the silent loss of resources.
- Misconception about Classroom Performance: Among students, parents and professors, a prevalent clouded notion is that ranks and grades are sufficient indication for industry competency
- Misinterpretation of Student’s Talent: Talent and interests of individual students are collectively presumed by the parents and teachers alike which results in wrong choices of career and incompetency.
- Alumni: Alumni are not retained as guides and mentors for current students. There is absence of up-to-date database of alumni progress and accomplishments.
- Absence of a Network: Missing network between industry/ professionals and the academia. This is important because there needs to be a resource pool from which the academicians can choose the best possible source of guidance for students.
- Missing Social Ingredient: Interaction that happens in confidentiality and in a personal sphere is more introspective and thus, productive. There is a need to establish that because that takes shape of an eco-system of giving back to the society.
Our Initiative - Procademia, India's 1st Online Mentoring Platform
At present, a degree alone is not enough to land a graduate a job. Much of the knowledge a student gains from his college is theoretical. Application of this theoretical knowledge in the workplace is also extremely poor.
As the Yashpal Committee put it, "There is a lot of teaching and training in India, but very little learning and understanding." The students who graduate are not job ready and lack the skillset needed for any profession. In India, millions of students pass out every year and find it very difficult to get a job.
Having gone through similar situations in their own lives, Quadruple's four founders felt a very strong need and desire to the change this scenario. After an in-depth and systematic study, they understood that this crisis in the education sector was because of a gaping disconnect between all the stakeholders of the system and that was how Procademia - India's 1st Online Mentoring Platform was conceptualized . A product of Quadruple Education Network Private Limited, Procademia is a platform that connects students, professionals, academicians, corporate and colleges.
The portal will enable academicians to understand industry needs so that they can train their students accordingly. The students will be able to get mentored and guided by professionals. By this process, they will understand their needs, strengths and dreams.
The corporates in turn would be more than glad to induct industry-ready graduates. Thus, Procademia is a win-win situation for all the stakeholders.
As an online platform, Procademia promotes two key activities.
1. Mentoring: When Professionals Inspire Students
"If someone is going down the wrong road, he doesn't need motivation to speed him up. What he needs is guidance to turn him around."
In India, Mentoring, both online and offline, is a budding and promising concept that is gaining importance only recently. Our portal initiates in-person/offline mentoring which is then carried forward to the online portal that's designed to bridge the intangible gap between a learner and a learned to impart knowledge and guidance. The public at large will witness a dramatic change in the way social networking evolves.
We all have a stake in collective future and irrespective of the fact whether we received quality education or not, we must look back and share our experience, expertise and insights which we learned the hard way. Procademia does exactly that.
2. EduMeet: When Industry Integrates with Academia
"Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand."
EduMeet is a larger collaborative avenue, that spans the Indian and international horizons, for the Industry and the Academia to come together and exchange pools of knowledge, for each other's benefit and mainly for the students'.
It includes – Guest Lecture, Seminars and Workshops. EduMeet doesn't stop at this and can be further customized for a college's needs and convenience in collaboration with the preferred corporate body. This establishes a rich interaction and bridges the industry-academia divide. It is designed to be a global knowledge tree of resourceful and enlightening network.
How Procademia is Unique?
The stakeholders of the Indian education system such as the government, working professionals, corporate houses, colleges, universities, students and freshers are all equally responsible in bringing about a change in the system. Procademia, India's number one mentoring platform bridges the gap between all these stakeholders by giving them a platform to connect, collaborate, integrate, inspire and illuminate our society.
- Procademia invents a model of College-Community-Corporate collaboration which makes it easy for corporate houses and their professionals to get connected with an abundance of young, impressionable minds.
- Relevance of Procademia, in contemporary world, reflects in the fact that we realize Social Media is our social currency to the world, and whether you are using it to the latest trend or the latest revolution, we strive to make a difference.
- Procademia attempts to initiate a knowledge society which should be able to integrate all its members and to promote new forms of solidarity involving both present and future generations.
- Procademia assists in sculpting and developing competent future employees. Mentoring as an activity develops the same skills needed for successful and effective company managers.
- Individuals as mentors to the youth gain recognition from the industry and their peers. Mentoring prepares employees to take on greater responsibilities in the corporation.
- Corporate participation in education will be an unmatched progress in networking and education alike.
- It is designed to be a global knowledge tree of resourceful and enlightening network. It is therefore necessary to work towards connecting the forms of knowledge that societies already possess and the new forms of development, acquisition and spread of knowledge valued by the knowledge economy model.
- Observers note that the social network will be the new production lines in a company, that will change the way businesses hire and whom they hire. We at Procademia foresee this paradigm shift and stay a step ahead of this global social network phenomenon.
- Innovation driven companies such as Amazon, Facebook, Google and Twitter have changed the way how we work, communicate and live. Procademia creates yet another revolution in social networking to decipher the missing element that bridges the gap between Industry and Academia.